4 mile run at 6am this morning, time to eat! Pulled this out of the fridge- low fat, healthy, filling, and delicious! Don’t let the size fool you, it seems big but there’s egg whites in ‘dem ‘dere omlette!
CARAMELIZED ONIONS & GOAT CHEESE OMELETTE
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 cup egg whites
1 teaspoon low fat milk
1 ounce goat cheese
1 cup baby spinach
1) Heat olive oil in pan, add onions, and cook until they begin to caramelize (about 5 minutes, if it smells like they’re burning, they are ready)
2) While onions are cooking, mix egg, egg whites, and milk in a separate bowl.
3) Once onions are done, pour egg mixture into pan, turn heat to medium-low and allow eggs to set (you can use a spatula to move the egg over, then tilt the pan so the runny stuff gets cooked too).
4) Once eggs are set, add goat cheese and spinach.
5) Flip it in half, plate, add your favorite fruit on the side, serve, eat, yum.